Monday, March 20
- Popsickle sticks + seating chart
- Geography Pretest / Google earth - Countries of N. America - what is America? why do people speak Spanish in Mexico? Portuguese in Brazil? English in the U.S.?
- Circle questions + high five
Tuesday, March 21
- warm Up: Please take out a piece of notebook paper and answer following on your own, silently:
- Geography is the study of the earth and its people. What kinds of things do people study in geography? Make a list…
- Syllabus rules (presentation)
- Who Am I? My personal geography.
- Activity: circle bag toss race (work together / play together)
Wednesday, March 22
- Warm Up overview
- Warm Up #1: Describe the geography of Redmond. Be detailed and specific.- how does this fit with our definition of geogrpahy?
- Class website + calendar
- Map Activity:
- Part 1: On your own paper, answer following questions: Warm Up: What can we learn from maps? Make a list.
- Part 2: Map activity - see assignment on assignment page (only had 15 minutes)
Thursday, March 23
- per. 1 - map activity
- per 2 &3 finish map activity
- Show gun maps
Friday, March 24
- state map quiz
- current event 1
(Pair share: main reason for protest
- show NYT map
- Warm UP #1: Part 1: What is Geography?
Part2: Why is it important to study geography?
Part 3: Describe the geography of Redmond. Be detailed and specific.
- Class review of warm up - write answers on board
- Notes: geo definition +
- Finding Gold Activity - Questions: What makes a map useful? What about a map makes it understandable? What are the qualities of a map that make it easier to read?
- Warm Up: What can we learn from maps?
- Map activity
- Map warm up?
- Finding Gold?
- state map test
- Review answers to pretest
- Current event - geography?
- Standing Rock Activity - Group Work (see overhead - discuss gov. options)